Well, I keep getting told "dont touch stuff Mum" but do I listen....noooo....and so I have to pay the price....but I just love all this new stuff even though it drives me crazy.
I wish I had been born into this modern technology age...I know I would have taken to it like a duck to water.. I think I would now, but my poor old decrepit brain keeps getting in the way.
For example the other night I discovered I had missed two important calls on the mobile but even though it was in my pocket had not heard the "music ring". When I tested it the "ring" was really low so my first thought was that the damn thing had packed up....another one....or of course my worsening deafness could have accelerated during the day.
Out I went to the landline and called the provider, only to have some voice I could not understand reply....so just said I want Australia thanks, hung up and found another number...but got the same thing....then rang the billing number, yelled at the machine that Iwanted Australia!!! (Did you know that if you yell at a machine it responds to what you want)
Amazingly got through to Melbourne where a very helpful lady answered. However, although we went through all the menus could not find what she wanted me to find...so she offered to put me through to a technician....who had not answered after 5 minutes so I gave up.
Being a stubborn little pussy cat I sat there determined to work this out (and missing my favourite Tv programme) and eventually discovered a hidden place where I could increase the sounds. By now time was passing so thought I would finish in the morning...
BUT ....what happened in the morning? my brain had gone on strike in the middle of the night and wiped out all knowledge of the whereabouts of the place on the phone that I had found. I eventually got back to it later in the day, but it took me 2 hours of searching and changing to find it again...tucked away in a menu of a menu of a menu type of thing.
So that is what I think has happened with the camera...I have inadvertently changed something to make it save to the memory instead of the card and cant find where to change it back. I will get a new memory card today just to make sure the card has not been damaged, and see if that is the case.
I have also been in touch with the camera people who I have to contact them tomorrow while at the computer with the camera.
So I am keeping my fingers crossed...but if there is anyone who has had the same problem and has a Fuji Finepix 5800 camera and knows where the right button is please tell me.
By the way I read the manual from cover to cover and there is nothing in that, that I can find.
Until I can find a way to get the camera working again I cant upload photos of my stitches.
My old computer now needs a clean instal of the latest ubuntu progamme and my computer man is going to make me do it "so I can learn " - he says - can you imagine what fun that is going to be.
My sore leg is a walk in the park I am thinking!
I wish I had been born into this modern technology age...I know I would have taken to it like a duck to water.. I think I would now, but my poor old decrepit brain keeps getting in the way.
For example the other night I discovered I had missed two important calls on the mobile but even though it was in my pocket had not heard the "music ring". When I tested it the "ring" was really low so my first thought was that the damn thing had packed up....another one....or of course my worsening deafness could have accelerated during the day.
Out I went to the landline and called the provider, only to have some voice I could not understand reply....so just said I want Australia thanks, hung up and found another number...but got the same thing....then rang the billing number, yelled at the machine that Iwanted Australia!!! (Did you know that if you yell at a machine it responds to what you want)
Amazingly got through to Melbourne where a very helpful lady answered. However, although we went through all the menus could not find what she wanted me to find...so she offered to put me through to a technician....who had not answered after 5 minutes so I gave up.
Being a stubborn little pussy cat I sat there determined to work this out (and missing my favourite Tv programme) and eventually discovered a hidden place where I could increase the sounds. By now time was passing so thought I would finish in the morning...
BUT ....what happened in the morning? my brain had gone on strike in the middle of the night and wiped out all knowledge of the whereabouts of the place on the phone that I had found. I eventually got back to it later in the day, but it took me 2 hours of searching and changing to find it again...tucked away in a menu of a menu of a menu type of thing.
So that is what I think has happened with the camera...I have inadvertently changed something to make it save to the memory instead of the card and cant find where to change it back. I will get a new memory card today just to make sure the card has not been damaged, and see if that is the case.
I have also been in touch with the camera people who I have to contact them tomorrow while at the computer with the camera.
So I am keeping my fingers crossed...but if there is anyone who has had the same problem and has a Fuji Finepix 5800 camera and knows where the right button is please tell me.
By the way I read the manual from cover to cover and there is nothing in that, that I can find.
Until I can find a way to get the camera working again I cant upload photos of my stitches.
My old computer now needs a clean instal of the latest ubuntu progamme and my computer man is going to make me do it "so I can learn " - he says - can you imagine what fun that is going to be.
My sore leg is a walk in the park I am thinking!
I completely am with you on this post...
ReplyDeleteThis week, we lost our Internet service because my wireless modem packed up, the fiasco we went through for an entire evening trying to get the replacement to work, almost had me pulling my hair out.
My cell phone provider keeps dangling new gadget phones in my face, and all I can think of, is I've just learned how to operate the one that is now obsolete.
A new camera came yesterday....I can't even open the box ;)
I also know what you mean, but at least at the moment I have a pretty good it man in my husband but perhaps one gets too reliant!
ReplyDeleteWe have a technophobia here in this household. We just bought a new computer on 30June and are leaving it all tucked up in it's box until our IT man can come and do it all for us :-) I think you do very well for your age ol girl.
ReplyDelete