I went to a workshop with Debbie Mercer when she was in Gympie, and learned to do these meadow embroideries. They are embroidered on pure silk. First we painted in the sky, and while doing that painted some smaller pieces with various colours, to be used later for leaves and flowers. these pieces were stiffened with white glue and the fabric then became like paper.The background is long and short stitch with a single thread of silk thread, before proceeding to work the trees and other flowers. the grass in the front is turkey stitch. The leaves and flowers were then cut out and stitched on. This was another of Debbie's wonderful workshops.

After I finished the first one, I went on to complete another of my own design, which is here. Sorry about the photography, it has been hard to get photos through the glass that was used.
Lovely embroideries, using the best of paint and stitch.
ReplyDeleteThese are lovely, your house must be full of embroideries!
ReplyDeleteThese meadow scenes are so realistic Shirl. The grass on the top one just looks like real grass. Great job on both of them. You are a clever little pussycat.
ReplyDeleteWow Shirley, you amaze me - painting and stitching?!?! They are really beautiful. I am envious that you are able to take so many wonderful classes!
ReplyDeleteThese look exquisite Shirley ...
ReplyDeleteShirley your painting and embroidery pictures have delighted me, they are exquisite!
ReplyDeleteI hope your knee will soon be comfortable, as you say it will take time to heal.
I have been up most of the night as I am getting such extreme referred pain down my leg from my hip - new one due on 5th June, thank goodness.
Things have got worse for 15 months - I was referred then but other things showed up and I needed treatments over the months which set back hip op.
Your blog with all the wonderful creative work has kept me going in the early hours - many thanks for sharing such delights! Connie.
Shirley, your embroidery is really absolutely fantastic. I don't find words. This workshops with Debbie Mercer are certainly the most wonderful and inspiring ones which exist.
ReplyDelete