This is the last day of my holiday, and did not even get to the beach, we were too busy in the garden. Would not have been able to these last few days, because at the weekend, I slipped over coming down the slope in the back yard and have torn the ligament on the inside of my knee and ended up at the hospital 5am the next day when the pain became excrutiating. So I am now carting around a "friend" in the form of a big black brace on my leg which I will have for 6 weeks.
Am leaving early tomorrow, Thursday by train to the city, then catching the 4pm bus which arrives home at 7pm. it will be great to be home again and able to walk outside without having a bunch of keys in hand to unlatch every door to the outside. ....one of he benefits of living in the country is the freeedom and the safety. May not have all the fancy shops but one appreciates the important benefits.....and then there is the noise.....we have the noise of the birds to wake us and not traffic.
while in the city, will be meeting up with my best friend from my teenage years for lunch. We both moved away from home to marry, so in 50 years, we have only seen each other fleetingly twice and only recently found each other.... we are each going to be looking for "a fat lady with white hair and glasses" and the only difference what we will be wearing....a bit of a change from the slim girls with the tiny waists we were then.
Will make sure I get someone to take a photo of us together. The last photo we had taken was at Cloudland where we went dancing when we were about 19.
Wondered where you had got to, hope the leg gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteOuch Shirley!! Not good! You take care of that knee. Great about meeting your friend again, have a fab time.
ReplyDeleteWould love to see a photo of you with your 'friend' attached. Just think of the stitching you are going to get done, because you won't be able to do anything like ironing or housework. wink wink
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley, I am so much enjoying your post of today. I am very sorry for the accident on the slope and your knee injury. I hope there is no more pain. I had a tooth surgery yesterday, two implants, my cheek is still like filled with Botox but no more pain. I never take any pills against pain.
ReplyDeleteGet well soon! Lots of love
Anneliese