Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 12 April 2010

Needle madness.

How many needles does one need.....you can be sure if you want a certain one it wont be there...oh and I have a wooden tube and packets as well....maybe I should check inside the pincushions more often. My excuse is I have lived far from civilisation so need to have "stock"

These are my needlebooks, or what I have left...like everything else, the rest have been snaffled.
The little lavender one at the top is for pins, and the one on the right is made from cork linen which I did some blackwork on, and then dipped the piece into some dye before stitching it together. I did the same with the blue one it was actually black thread on white cloth, and when I finished was not impressed so dyed that too. The fourth one is just a little design in blackwork technique using Caron variegated thread.

I do like making these, and now I have seen all these lovely book covers on SF I now know what I will do with all those little scraps.


1 comment:

  1. I cleaned out a pin cushion once and could not believe the number of needles that had worked their way inside. Like you, I never seem to have just the one I was wanting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.