Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Saturday, 3 April 2010

First Iris for the season

It was thrilling today to see the first Iris for the season in bloom. I have 3 colours, this white, a lavender and deep purple.
Last year we had a lovely display of the lavender coloured Iris, so I picked some for my vase.


The lavender colour iris make such a lovely display, but when this deep purple bloomed it became my favourite.

My only problem is I keep forgetting to mark just which plants are the deep purple. The three colours don't come out at the same time, but I seem to have a continuous display for quite a while.
Also have the lavender coloured agapanthus which follows these to bloom and with the lavender bushes flowering almost continuously I have my favourite colour in the garden most of the time.










4 comments:

  1. Shirley could you drop me an e-mail(e-addy is on my blog) and I will explain what my Birthday ATC swaos are

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours these flowers are Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, they are so easy to look after give them a drink and a feed occasionally and they look after themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Iris are beautiful. We have some that are just coming up - I hope the deer will stay away from them and we can get some flowers. Last year they nibbled all the Iris and Day Lillies!

    By the way - I have been looking at your site - you do wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.