Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Sunday, 28 March 2010

Tassels & Pincushion

While I was visiting my daughter discovered she had some of my tassels on display. It is always nice to know that what you make for people is appreciated enough for them to keep and to display. I went through the tassel phase when it was all in vogue. These two tassels were made on porcelain half dolls.












The yellow one was made with a wooden top, decorated with cords.

The one below is on a padded base..which I designed. It was meant to be a pincushion for fancy Hatpins. I made quite a few, and the rest are all scattered round the family. This one resides in a glass cabinet with Tracey's other "treasures".


Had fun (not!) working out the pattern for the base, but resorted to my maths knowledge in the end which solved the problem and the pieces went together. I have made a pattern for this, never produced it, and it has sat in a box for about 15 years I think, or more. Think there are still a couple of the skirts unfinished in the box as well....something else must have taken my fancy.


1 comment:

  1. Just spotted these Shirley they are amazing you are truly a great stitcher x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.