
After originally misreading the instructions for this stitch I FINALLY got what I think is correct. The blue line is worked in l strand of Watercolour Thread, and the pink is in the rayon thread used in Brazilian embroidery, but I found this a bit "springy" and hard to use.

Was going to try this stitch in a circle, but then decided to do a square, Then I found this cute little butterfly bead and decided to use it in the centre. This example is worked in No.5 Perle. The long beads are orange on one side and dark on the other.
Cute beads! This would make a lovely little feature on, well, anything.
ReplyDeletethis looks so cute
ReplyDeleteLooks Oriental and lovely.
ReplyDeleteI almost tried Brazilian thread but stuck with Perle for my coloured samples.
Love the square!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your comments
ReplyDeleteYour square is beautiful! It's a great idea to use the bugle-beads in the corners, that way the beginnings and endings are hidden. I just love the butterfly bead!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you - you are doing the TAST challenge! Love your square ... unique use of the stitch.
ReplyDelete