Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 26 March 2010

Granny Took Me Shopping

Daughter, (the new granny to be), took me shopping and she bought another lot of fabric for another quilt for the baby...since it will probably spend a lot of time at her house there has to be 2 of some things.
She already had the fabric for the cupcake quilt, pictured at left, and wanted something "pink", but we ended up with purples..once she saw the "ladybird" fabric that was it.

I read that Ladybirds are a sign of trust, so I am going to embroider hearts and butterflies in the squares, and call the quilt
"Trust, love and happiness". Still have to work out the layout, but have 4 lots of fabric, so will see what happens. The colours are actually brighter than they look here.

Tracey also bought some new variegated stranded threads to use for the cupcakes which should look nice.

At the markets I found some lovely orange , lime green, bright blue, and bright pink beads. Am still trying to upload photos, but it is not working so they will come later.

The red and purple perle thread is for the ladybird quilt embroidery.

2 comments:

  1. You sure are gonna be a busy stitchin finger granny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, you keep so busy, I can't keep up! LOL That's great news that the baby is a girl. What fun you will have making girly stuff as you say. What a beautiful idea to have the quilt with the trust, love and happiness motifs and it looks as if you had great fun shopping. Wonderful purchases! Have you ever done any needlelace? I just ordered a beginners' needlelace kit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.