Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 18 March 2010

Exciting News

Had some news yesterday, my awaited new great grandchild is to be a girl....Aren't her mother and I going to have some fun buying girlie stuff....and I have a free hand with colours now for the cupcake quilt...I am looking forward to that...so guess now I have an owner for the horse.

Here is the grannie and daddy to be. Will take a better pic of the new mum when I am visiting next week. She is really tiny and petite and he is blonde and 6ft tall. He is the loveliest person, takes after his mum.

So this will be ggg no. 5 I think...well with 6 children, 4 step, 19 grand, how can I remember the next lot exactly....someone asked me once how old one of the grandchilren was, and my reply was " cant even remember half their names how can I remember how old they are...just have a good book with lists and dates I refer to.

Daughter and I will be going shopping with her for "stuff"...I can see pretty dresses...and might get other daughter to make nighties and stuff I can embroider....can see my new underwater taking a backseat. Daughter says she can keep me in embroidery for years....hasn't she got high hopes at my age, funny heart, and already had one minor stroke...but this could be a big incentive to lose weight and get more healthy...and stop buying ice cream....gave up the biccies and lollies years ago.

I had got over sewing baby clothes.....darn maybe I will have to re-think that...now where did I put that sewing machine!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Shirley!!
    grandies are always special!!
    i have just one 13yr old so have misse dout on that.
    lookin fwd 2 c all your new creations for little babe!!

    riddhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a girl, that is good news. Quilts are so much easier for girls I reckon. So many pretty fabrics out there! Have fun at the coast. Hugs Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better like it girl, because you realise you are the one who will get the job of putting it together, dont you...relax it is not due until august, and wont need the quilt right away so we have time. I will post you a copy of the design when I get back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.