Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 4 February 2010

West Australian Wattle

This is a picture I worked in wool threads. It is from a photo of a West Australian wattle tree. At one stage I tried to count the knots of the flowers and gave up at 2,000. There are knots with knots on top in a different tone, to try to get the effect of light and shade. The picture has won 1st prize in a show as well. Enjoy.

Here are a couple of closeups of the grasses and flowers on the tree.







6 comments:

  1. Oh my hat! I looove trees and this is so beautiful but THAT GRASS is spectacular. I would love to see how you did that.
    The entire picture looks real and not like a stitched project.
    I think I'm in love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you crazy Q stitcher for your lovely comments.. I have looked at your work and it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness!! Shirley,this is exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow super stunning....i just love looking at your work Shirley....you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work Shirley.I love trees and I really envy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extremely interesting--you get such depth with those French knots. You didn't mention how many hours you invested in it! And the meadow pictures are impressive.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.