Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 2 February 2010

King Parrots and Galahs

These brightly coloured birds come to visit us when they are in the area. They know just the time of day when the feed goes out into the feeder. This day they were alone, but sometimes when the galahs or other birds are there at the same time a war can erupt and the most intimidating group wins.

It is so funny to watch them all sorting out their place in the scheme of things.

The Galahs bring their young in every year and we see them teaching the babies how to fend for themselves. The babies sqauwk and squak, and when the adult has had enough they pick at them to chase them away. The babies never venture far, and soon learn to pick the see from the grass.

1 comment:

  1. You sure have beautiful birds over there! So colorful! I love these little pink and white ones!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.