Good morning everyone, well I have decided to open my old blog again. It is so long since I last posted I doubt that any of my old followers are still out there.
The past 5 years have been a bit of a struggle healthwise, but at the moment I am feeling the best I have for over a year or so.....all thanks to medication changes.
While I have been away from here I have been on a new blog I created called http://stitchesandlife.blogspot.com .
While I have been away even my other blog has been sadly neglected. However I have not been totally idle. I have been stitching, and my second fabric book is on the way to being completed. Just have to finish sewing the pages together and the cover on.
Some of you may remember my ET page that I did while on stitchin fingers well I am using that as the cover for my book. It has 49 pages plus the cover so it is has been a big job.
I have not only included my collage of tast samples, but things I have worked since I began embroidering since 1994. This even includes my very first sampler when I attended classes with Debbie Mercer in Gympie.
As you can see the stitches were very basic, but we also learned how to sew on beads, as well as a couple of ways to do flowers. The course I was doing was a CQ workshop, so these were the basic stitches for seams way back then.
The surrounding lace is one I found in an antique shop so thought it suited my antique (read very old) sampler.
Since I commenced this project I have also been working on a version of a Band Sampler just for something different. I am slowly adding to it with the current Tast which is on Facebook on Sharon Boggon's site.
My second biggest achievement this year after the fabric book is the completion of the "butterfly cushion". It has been sitting around for over 5 years I think, but is finally made up.
The "Ta Da" moment of the year has been "the doiley". It has only taken me over 10 years, but I have beavered away at it over the years, and finally added the last stitch and completed a crochet edging. I am very pleased with it.
Apart from all that I have had to move AGAIN!!! The owners of my previous unit retired back to Toowoomba and wanted the flat back. I was devastated because I thought I would be there for years. Fortunately this present unit was available at the same time, and I was fortunate enough to be able to rent it. The move was not too hard...just through the back gates with a removalist for only the larger pieces.
I do love my new unit, it is much more spacious, and has carpet throughout which is much warmer in winter. I even have a sunroom where I can sew. However it was sold to new owners this year, and even though they gave me a new lease, it is always a worry that I will have to move again. With my health the way it is I do think that would be a big problem. Even finding something suitable within walking distance from the shops is hard to find, or as I discovered to small, or too ghastly to even contemplate.
Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Till next time
xo shirley
The past 5 years have been a bit of a struggle healthwise, but at the moment I am feeling the best I have for over a year or so.....all thanks to medication changes.
While I have been away from here I have been on a new blog I created called http://stitchesandlife.blogspot.com .
While I have been away even my other blog has been sadly neglected. However I have not been totally idle. I have been stitching, and my second fabric book is on the way to being completed. Just have to finish sewing the pages together and the cover on.
Some of you may remember my ET page that I did while on stitchin fingers well I am using that as the cover for my book. It has 49 pages plus the cover so it is has been a big job.
![]() |
| 49 pages plus the cover all stacked ready to go |
I have not only included my collage of tast samples, but things I have worked since I began embroidering since 1994. This even includes my very first sampler when I attended classes with Debbie Mercer in Gympie.
The surrounding lace is one I found in an antique shop so thought it suited my antique (read very old) sampler.
Since I commenced this project I have also been working on a version of a Band Sampler just for something different. I am slowly adding to it with the current Tast which is on Facebook on Sharon Boggon's site.
![]() |
| Herringbone chevron chain and buttonhole stitch beside an old small cross stitch |
![]() |
| ricrac flowers, bullion detached chain, straight stitches, stem stitch, satin stitch, and french knots |
Apart from all that I have had to move AGAIN!!! The owners of my previous unit retired back to Toowoomba and wanted the flat back. I was devastated because I thought I would be there for years. Fortunately this present unit was available at the same time, and I was fortunate enough to be able to rent it. The move was not too hard...just through the back gates with a removalist for only the larger pieces.
| looking from dining room table into lounge area. Kitchen is on the left |
| looking from dining room table to left |
| large back patio |
Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Till next time
xo shirley





Here is your old cyber-friend - following you as usual, so don't worry. Nice to see your work and the - not at all tiny kitchen space - goodness when ours in F will be ready it will be half of it. And your living room is fabulous! xxx
ReplyDeleteGood to see twisted threads back!
ReplyDelete