Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 17 February 2012

Week 6 Herringbone Stitch

After yet another blip on the horizon of my health, I FINALLY finished my week 6 challenge of herringbone stitch. 

Every time I go into that damn ICU someone creeps in while I am sleeping and steals yet another bit of my brain. I don't know what they want it for but they never leave it at the door for me to collect on the way out.

Hence I was feeling very sluggish in mind and body and could not come up with anything until the fog began to clear.  All I could think of was smocking so first of all found a piece of pleating and worked a little bit on that though not very professionally.   Then I saw the picture of the swan, and thought the half chevron would make good feathers, but unfortunately that didn't happen very well.   

I dont know why I chose the pink and blue colours, but had to resort to purple in the end to satisfy myself.    Pink has never been my colour.  As a twin I was always the one in blue. I did add some buttonhole stitch for the water, which I did realise after it was complete that it was a bit heavy and overpowering, but at the time could not bring myself to re-do it.

Please go to the site here to see some wonderful examples of this stitch.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better Shirley. I've been re-organizing and tidying up from several finished projects as well as preparing for my first course, so I'm behind in my stitching. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.