Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Scrummy food and good company

Second youngest  daughter and  Jack the dog came for another visit on their way back from Brisbane to Melbourne. Her ex husband  is accompanying her, so it was lovely to have them here for a short visit, and knowing she will have company on that long drive is a relief.

She was really looking forward to a break with Mum and a bit of spoiling , and it was so nice to have her here.  She was exhausted when she arrived so I was able to do some mothering the first day, so she could rest and recuperate from the hectic visit to her family and the new baby.

That did not last for long though, and the next night, I put some chicken wings in the oven, and she cooked up some yummy stir fry veges.  Cant keep her out of the kitchen, she loves to cook, and does it so well.

 
Jack's please can I get on the couch look 
Little Jack is quite old, and was very good in the strange place.  Fortunately he loves being in the car and has his bed made up on one end of the back seat.  He kept eyeing off the couch bed in the lounge though, and would have dearly  loved to get up there. He is normally an outside dog, but it was too cold and I was too soft to let him be outside so he had his nice little bed made up in the garage.

He  is a Jack Russell Terrier, (I think) and is very obedient.  I cooked up a little doggy stew of roo and beef mince laced with vegetables and rice, which he just loved and gobbled up.  Was a bit concerned it might be a bit rich, but no, nothing untoward happened so he was able to enjoy yummy meals too.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely food and lovely dog -
    You had a good time together - I am glad.
    Anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless!! Jack could be my Tully's brother. Can't blame him for looking hopeful though with all that food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, my mouth is watering! Those vegies look so good. Glad you had a nice visit. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley,

    I am so happy your daughter visited you and you had a great time with her and little Jack. That was so nice of her Ex to come with her on the long trip.
    I love little Jack because he reminds me of my little Merlin (Shih-Tzu) he gives me the same look when I am in my chair in the living room. :)
    They are so sweet and those looks always make us give in to their wishes! :)
    Hugs and keep happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great food Shirley even the dogs sounded nice....lol love Jack Russells x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, Shirley, that meal looks so inviting. I would love to live with cooks like you two - a very fancy meal made from humble chicken wings. Dear old Jack must be feeling the cold on the tiled floor, and knows the couch would be much more to his liking. Lovely to hear you had a great time with the family. Stay warm and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack is sooooo cute!!! I'm glad you are soft and let him stay in the garage!!! Glad you got to have your daughter for a while...that is always nice, eh??? Good looking dinner there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley thats nice for you ....and jack is very cute .....x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.