Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 14 July 2011

While away the time

Over the weekend my internet connection went down, and it was a few days before a technician could get out here.

So I decided to while away the time with some   "tidying up".  Others probably do the same as me..... while working on a project  have the threads  and the project kept together, then if it has to be put aside everything is there ready for when you get back to it.

Because I have finished a few things recently, still had the baskets of threads (or should I say bunches of knots) in the baskets. It is amazing how those threads get tangled...I often wonder if they have a love fest when I am not looking and try to hold hands with all the other colours at once.

The sewing room is the sunniest and warmest room in the unit of a morning, so made use of that while I sorted out the messes.  I had a lot of threads mixed in that needed to be wound onto cards, and even though the boxes are still not what you would call tidy at least the colours are back where they belong.
still a bit to go to get them tidy eh.

Normally when I have to sort I am very patient (read mean) because I don't want to toss any away, and manage to unravel it all.  However this time I was not patient and was able to add to the box I am keeping of thread ends for when I get round to the felting.....in the year?????

5 comments:

  1. It's a huge job organizing our craft supplies isn't it?
    I am doing the same thing this year will all the tubs of "stuff" I have gotten over the years! I am making headway but my goodness it is a challenge!
    Good luck with your project.
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were being a good little girl, weren't you. I try to be very patient with tangles, I hate wasting thread. I think you and I could start a thread store!! Sorry to hear the server went down, thought you were quiet. Look out this weekend, rain on the way, cold and bleak yet again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice pile of thread! Should be able to find what you need at a glance. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to keep a creative space organized...my area is totally out of control now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have done a good job oftidying up. I am catching up on blogs and I haven't been to yours for a week or two. I love the shoes and bag - who cares if your daughter thinks they are old fashioned, comfort comes first in my opinion! I hope the weather has improved by the time you go on holidays. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.