Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 8 July 2011

Unexpected Surprise Mail

Having finished playing with  the cards for now instead of getting dressed this morning, I decided to clean up the mess and return the table to its tidy self.  This meant I was still in my dressing gown when there was a knock at the door.  I was greeted by a very young man holding a yellow cylinder, with some sort of machine in his other hand....thankfully he was hardly more than a child and far too young for me to bothered that my hair by this time needed a brush.

I immediately thought he was (a) going to try to sell me something or (b) there was a technical problem with the unit which I did not know about.

Neither of the above!   He was delivering a parcel from Australia post and the gadget in his hand was a technical "thing" that I had to sign with a stylus pen to receive the parcel (the yellow cylinder).  (More technical stuff to learn!!!) Sadly, no paperwork...but gladly a tree can live.
When I opened the parcel, I received a wonderful surprise.  My dear friend Maria from knackful knitter had sent me the most beautifully worked table centre from the other side of the world.  Thank you so much Maria, you are such a lovely thoughtful person.  Hop over to her blog and see more of her gorgeous work.

Don't you just love the beautiful design. It will certainly take pride of place on my table.  She must be a mind reader to know that I just adore hand crocheted table centres. Maria is a very special person, as I am sure a lot of people in blogland will already know.  Thank you again for making my day Maria.  

PS sorry about taking so long to get to the point.

7 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous design! I don't crochet (yet) but my mother was a wonderful crocheter, and know all the work that went into creating this piece. What a lovely gift, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best read!!! Ha, ha! I can just see you thinking (a) and (b).
    I am SO happy it got there and you love it! You certainly made MY day.
    You have no idea how hard it was for me to be quiet about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you to receive such a thoughtful gift Shirley. It's a beautiful table centre, and I'm sure it will take pride of place in your home. Good for you, and many congratulations to Maria for the lovely work. I have only just 'met' Maria, thanks to you, and I agree, she is a warm and giving person [and extremely talented]. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most wonderful surprise for you, Shirley! What a lovely present

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm familiar with that same gadget Shirley - each and every signature resembles that of a child learning to write for the first time!! Like your header. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this pretty!!! What a grand surprise!!! You are a lucky gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very beautiful piece of crochet.You're indeed lucky!-ina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.