Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Tast 2010 Fabric Book

At last it is finished. I have completed my Tast 2010 adventure.  Not all the stitches are here because I produced them on a couple of other projects, but the first  photos are of the front and back covers.  I would like to thank Shirley from Shade Tree Art for her advice on how to join the pages together.  Next time I attempt something like this, I will make sure that I do sew the names of the stitches as I go.  I have photocopied the pages and written the names of the stitches onto the copies which will be with the book.

Front cover

Back cover
Although  I have posted  of the  stitches under the label "A Tast Adventure" I have only re-posted the pages made up into the book.  Below, on the right of the first picture are the final stitches for  2010 which I have only recently finished.









23 comments:

  1. IOh Shirley what a wonderful book, your stitching is beautiful and the whole thing looks like a lovely treasure to hand on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on your book Shirley. All your pages are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric book is amazing! Gorgeous colors and stitches, so creative and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shirley that is stunning! There are just no other adequate words. You have am awesome color sense and combined with your sewing wizardry the end result is truly a feast for the eyes!
    Beautiful!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shirley, you completed a fantastic fabric book. All those stitches will be remembered by you and the lovely time of the Tast2010 - when we all did our stitching and showed it to each other. And many stitchin ladies became familiar to me, nearly as if I knew them personally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply an amazing book of stitches Shirley....just love it and something i shall do when time permits x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely way to keep all those lovely stitches together Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful, Shirley! It'll be nice as a reference of all the stitches you've learned, but it's also a work of art! I love the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, what a glorious work of art you have created. I am green with envy and absolutely drooling on my keyboard!! Gorgeous, beautiful, delightful, etc. Hugs, Cathy (BTW, I really like it!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, Shirley! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Shirley! This is just breathtaking!!! Priceless work of art. My jaw is hanging open just thinking of all the work you put into it! I cannot believe it...sure wish I could hold it in my hands and see it up close and personal!!! :)
    WOWZERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely, Shirley, not only a great resource but a treasure to behold each time you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shirley you have done yourself proud with this gorgeous little book. It is really beautiful and a wonderful way to store all your little sample pieces which have been embellished so
    beautifully! Congratulations!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Day Shirley, Your Journal book is incredibly beautiful. I love all the pages and all your perfect stitches. You are certainly a "Master" in stitching. Lovely Lovely work. Big Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to see such an interesting assortment of stitches, fibres, and knick knacks Shirley. You've really made this exercise into a work of art, something to keep and share with all your stitching friends. I find it exciting that we can all share in each others' adventures in stitch. Well done to you, and thank you for always making stitching inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am having difficulty posting my comment, so I will try yet again. Your book is truly amazing! I think everything about it is wonderful and can see you put so much time and love into it. Take care, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great book and such a good idea!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG Shirley this is beautiful. Your book, your stitches oh just the whole thing is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  20. AMAZING !!! truly wonderful and inspirational. What a wonderful book to enjoy and ponder over time and time again. Well done Shirley and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shirley, Thank you for visiting me and staying awhile to follow.Oh how I do love your fabric book.Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Shirley, Glad to see your back and creating beautiful things again. Hope your keeping well, love your new header ( I did think your reef scene was amazing and I missed when it went, but this new one has a reef as well!)Regards Anne Tyrrell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Shirley, I discovered your blog via Michell Kernow designs' blog, glad that I did as, your work is stunning!
    I'm having a dense moment here, what is 'Tast'? (I'm assuming it is something to do with threads and stitching!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.