Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Sunday, 5 June 2011

Le Bag is finished

Well after languishing in the cupboard for a couple of years my crazy patch bag is made up and ready for use.I was not going to worry about embroidering the seams on the back, because I was quite "over" this, but Dianne took the back piece home with her and embroidered the seams on the back with the fancy stitches on her machine so it now looks "finished",.

Having Dianne do that really pushed me to finish it plus I wanted to use it when we go to the Textile Fair next weekend so I dont have to take a handbag....just the one bag which will hold "everything" including any acquisitions.
I am afraid these days my sewing does not stand up to  close scrutiny...I find it hard to walk a straight line let alone sew a straight line. But here are the photos at last with thanks to Dianne for her help in getting this project accomplished.

Dianne gave me this gorgeous button brooch which she made from one of her fabrics to attach to the bag it is just the right colours.


Machine stitching on back by Dianne

The finished bag.

18 comments:

  1. It's fabulous Shirley. Dianne is such a lovely friend to help out and push you to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag Shirley. Love your new blog look.

    Best Regards,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shirley what a gorgeous bag! Once again you are inspiring me to get out all my half finished projects and get them done!
    I hope things are wonderful for you these days, I love the new photo of yourself with your profile. Please do post photos of what you buy at the textile show.
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Shirley,

    WOW I love your new CQ Bag. Both you and DI's stithing is great and I love the fabric button too. I am sure you will find this lovely bag very handy when you go to the Textile Fair. Oh Please take heaps of photos to share with us all. Thanks Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Shirley, so much detail:)I love the colours combination too :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely Shirley, well worth the wait! Have fun at the show too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Diane are a perfect team! You did a great job on this bag and reorganizing her fabrics and supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful bag Shirley....bet your glad that you have finished it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag is gorgeous. What a treasure to finish and have to use!!!

    Nice job!


    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shirley,
    Love how the bag turned out and the button that Di made is perfect for it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous bag, you will look trendy.
    Wish I was going with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag is lovely Shirley. What a great thing for Dianne to do for you. I love crazy patchwork; you are inspiring me to get some out again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it turned out beautifully, Shirley! Do you think it'll be big enough to hold all you buy at the Textile Fair? I love that button Dianne made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Shirley, the bag looks lovely. It will be a talking piece at the Fair no doubt. So nice of Dianne to help with the stitching, and of course the lovely button, but then, she's that kind of gal isn't she. Lovely to see a new project done and dusted. I suppose the weekend won't come around quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a pleasure to do the machine stitching for you Shirley. Just glad my machine didn't have another spack attack. It behaved itself:-) The front of the bag is superb and I am sure we will be able to fill it up with goodies at the textile show. Yes, we will take some funny photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Dianne, for helping with such a fine bag for Shirley! It is the most beautiful bag I've seen in years!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gracious bag, I like your work, and you,
    I cordially greet the Netherlands, I also invite you to your blog, nice weekend,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous bag, Shirley! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.