Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

There 'tis

Before I began to pack up from Serenity, I was the fortunate recipient some some lovely gifts from Suztats.  One of these was a lovely tatted motif in the most gorgeous colours.  I think amongst the turmoil I did not even blog about receiving them.......sorry Sue

Well like I always do, being soooo (dis) organised, I put this lovely piece of tatting "in a safe place".   Then one day I remembered it and could not for the life of me find it.  I even unpacked boxes, and went through cupboards.  I was too afraid to say anything to anyone because I felt so bad.

Then you would not believe it, last week when Dianne finally got the time to have a proper "stitching day" I was showing her some  embroideries including the Carnivale which  I had done last year, so she could see a couple of ideas for stitches.

You would not believe it....wallah....there was my gorgeous tatted motif pinned to my Carnivale embroidery.. When  I looked had looked at it while searching for the tatted motif, I did not focus enough to see it there.  So here it is sitting on Carnivale waiting to be  added to my embroidery.
Aren't the colours of the motif on the top right of the picture just perfect to go with my embroidery colours.

Thank you once again Sue for this lovely tatted motif which will take pride of place on my embroidery.

Also thought it was time for a bit of a revamp of my blog.  The header picture is one I did in Gimp using a photo of the Carnivale embroidery.

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you, this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing embroidery!! My gosh! I am so glad you found it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous Shirley! What a lovely piece. How wonderful to receive such a wonderful piece.


    Hugs,

    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Carnivale embroidery piece is gorgeous, and I am just so chuffed that you added my tatted motif to it! The thread is Yarnplayer's 'tourmaline' and I just posted a motif on my blog using the same thread. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful Shirley and the colours work so well. My hanging is at the bottom of my blog if you wanna take a peek x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found the perfect place for this tatting. I like the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't always the way with these things. Happens to me A LOT!! It is wonderful to see it now though, and I'm so pleased it's no longer worrying you. It does go very well with your embroidered panel. BTW, I really like the GIMP altered image, and the whole new blog look. I'm a little behind with blog comments, been a hectic couple of weeks here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tatting fits in with your beautiful embroidery very nicely, Shirley!
    Damn, you're good! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new look blog Shirley, especially the header photo. Brilliant!! Suz's tatting piece is gawjus and fits in beautifully with carnivale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.