Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Studio Journal progress

Firstly I spread some modelling paste thickly over my journal page.  Then the bell was used to make the circles, the wire basket to make the design inside the circle and the pastry gadged for the lines between the circles.

After that I used water colours to paint the differnt parts of the page.  When it had dried I decided to try to do something with the design that I could put onto fabric and embroider.
So this is what the fabric looked like after I coloured the fabric and dripped the blue circles (well sort of circles) onto the wet paint.


This set me off onto a "now what else can I do with that" so I went to my gimp programme and played with the photo of this stage of the proceedings and this is what I came up with.


All I have to do now is to turn this into an embroidery when I have another moment.

12 comments:

  1. Oh Shirley, I hope things are/will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun Shirley, and I'm sure you'll get it looking great with some stitching. I hope all is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing Shirley and i know your work wonders with it....cant wait to see the outcome x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're achieving some nice ideas using the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, that's what I like---textures created with unusual objects, and playing. Super! Looking forward to the completed project, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great result, Shirley! I hope you will get around to doing some stitching on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be a lovely embroidery, Shirley!

    Thanks for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award. For now I just cannot find the time to pick 15 blogs to pass it on and leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stuff Shirley love your journaling and can't wait to see the finished result on this piece. Thanks for the award it was sweet of you to think of me. I hope you are doing ok and all going well sending hugs for health and happiness from this day on xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, so pretty¬! Can't wait to see it when it is stitched. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to look so lovely stitched. You are so clever and imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing the stitched up result of this Shirley. What you did on the computer was amazing. I also like that you used simple round the house objects to make the designs. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for commenting, Shirley. You are quite right, some people are simply priced out of the shows, sadly the very often the individual artists.who can inspire most.
    I am glad you enjoyed my slide show:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.