 |
| I took this photo and changed it to two different designs. with kaleidoscope. |
 |
| The embroideries remind me of hot air baloons |
|
|
 |
| This would make a lovely circular embroidery |
 |
| A circular embroidery from a silk ribbon I worked for Tast |
 |
| another circular design from my Iris painting |
Once I discovered the kaleidoscope programme I became obsessed, (I guess as everyone else did) and had to be very strict with myself to concentrate on catching up with the other lessons I missed while in hospital. It is just amazing what one can do to a simple image with this programme. Who would have thought a small sample of embroidery could finish as an entirely different amazing design.
 |
| Coloured Sands |
The above was an exercise from week 1. I used watercolour and salt to make a picture in water colour of the Coloured Sands, (sand dunes on a stretch of beach North of Noosa in Queensland). Then I rubbed over parts of that with oil pastel to create some different effects, and finally cut it up into several smaller pieces, which all turned into small pictures of their own.
Great effects Shirley---I love all of them.
ReplyDeleteShirley I just love the way the embroidery turned in to beautiful patterns through kaleidoscope..love the embroidery too..
ReplyDeleteLove
lakshmi
Hello Shirley, I've become obsessed with kaleidoscopes too. I can't believe how an image can change using these programs. It's so much fun. Your images are gorgeous of course. I love the 'coloured sands', so rich. Nice to see you feel like playing again. Beautiful day here, hope it likewise where you are. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteShirley! You make art so fun! I love the way you make such amazing things and then play with them too!!! You keep me smiling!
ReplyDeleteShirley, I love, love! your watercolor and pastel painting. It is so creative. The kaleidoscope photos are beautiful - but somehow I prefer what you made yourself with paint. But anyway it is interesting what came out of your lovely stitching.
ReplyDeleteHow creative, Shirley! Love your sand paintings. It so nice to see you back playing and having fun. Have a wonderful Sunday. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI really like how your watercolors developed with the oil pastels over them.
ReplyDeleteIt looks a lot of fun, Shirley! It is nice to see you enjoying yourself:)
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley, WOW what beautiful stitching. Your creation is lovely and love all the great colours you used. Your sand painting is also very very pretty. Hugs Judy
ReplyDeleteOoooo! Beautiful kaleidoscope photos! I especially love the first 3 photos! I would love to have them printed on fabric.
ReplyDeleteHello, I just found your blog and I have to say, WOW. Your works are quite beautiful.
ReplyDelete