I have been missing a bit lately, because I have been agonising over another move I have been forced to make.
This morning I was lurking round the blogs and I found this wonderful button and saying on Judy's Fabrications Blog which came from Paisley Cat Designs where there are some wondrous things to see.
The words on the button which I have added to my blog, had a big effect on me.....and I believe that these words have ended all the emotional turmoil I have gone through of whether the new unit I have chosen was going to be the right one.
Now I know I need not worry because it is up to me to bloom, and make it my own. This time I have taken a 12 month lease, so hope the new owners will allow me a long time stay.
Just after I returned home from having surgery for my pacemaker I was given 2 months notice to vacate, without any thought to my circumstances, whether I would be able to pack etc., or the costs to me of another move so soon. The only things they have agreed to is that I don't have to have the carpets cleaned, and can leave under the 2 months without penalty....big deal!! It is in the same condition it was when I moved in!!!! No one has been here to walk on it.
The move came about because the husband of the owners is ill and has for some reason has been transferred to Toowoomba hospital so they want my unit for themselves for the 12 months he is requiring to be there. From what I can gather they live in Brisbane, so I have not been able to understand the circumstances of being in hospital here and have not been told.
So once again my treasure of a friend came to the fore, and ferried me round looking at places to rent....an exhausting and complicated process in itself. ...and once again cannot believe some of the disgusting places that are offered.
However!!!! ta da! we did find a unit. It is much more modern and bigger than this one, except for the kitchen which is compact, and has 2+ bedrooms, and plenty of space. It is situated in a security gated block,of units so close to the shopping centre that I will be able to walk when the mood takes me, and is much more convenient, and worth the extra $15 a week rent.
No lawns to pay to mow, no gardens to weed, no driveways to sweep...just enjoy the landscaping and the azaleas outside my door. Behind my unit over the fence is a park, so there will be nice breezes in summer.
The best part is the + room off the main bedroom which will make a wonderful sewing room. It has a sunny aspect, and will be perfect for Di and I to while away the hours sewing and talking.
All through this process I have been utterly devastated, and doing a lot of crying, and woe is me -ing, then this morning I discovered the button on Judy's blog...thank you Judy and thank you Cat Russell. It is still occupied, so could not take photos, but there will be some as soon as we can take them.
This is a photo of the outside of the unit taken from the brochure. My entrance is to the left of the garage door in the centre, and I am next to a townhouse.
This is a photo of the outside of the unit taken from the brochure. My entrance is to the left of the garage door in the centre, and I am next to a townhouse.


Troubles come in a package,isn't it,Shirley? Hopefully this move will turn out better than the last one.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Deepa
It seems illegal for them to make you move after you just moved in!!! Maybe tho, it is going to be even better in your new place. Sounds like a lot of good plusses! Yeah! Gotta go check out that button you put on your blog...hope it takes me somewhere magical!!!
ReplyDeleteGoodness me Shirley life has been a real turmoil for you lately.
ReplyDeleteJust keep on smiling and be your own cheery self.
I know it was all short notice Shirley but it might just be for the best.....i love the idea that it has security gates too! I love Judys blog and work and how apt is that saying BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED....I wish you all the luck and good health in the world Shirley xx
ReplyDeleteA bus full of Chinese!!!! Oh Shirley, I hope this one will be for very long! Your treasure of a friend - I am so glad for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, Shirley, that you've been going through such turmoil, but I hope that this move will become a happy one for you, and your new home will welcome you with open arms, and give you a big hug. Best wishes
ReplyDeleteShirley, I hope this will be the place were you can bloom. The stitching room sounds nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my Blog Shirley! Sorry to hear about your move.are you Bribie Redcliffe or Gold coast now?
ReplyDeleteBy the way the tree is a Spathodea or African Tulip Tree,
hello Shirley, You are going to love this place even more than the other one. With all your wonderful friends you will make it through this move too and in the end will be happier, I am sure. Big Hugs Judy
ReplyDeletemy...my girl...the trials you are being put through...please hold on...chin up...the strength & stamina you have is shining through...Di is an absolute angel/friend...wish I could help in some tangible way...just know that your blogging friends are sending you much support...
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame that you have to leave you unit so wuickly, but this does seem to have been for the better; the new unit seems to be so much better in so many ways. I hope the move goes well and then you can settle into some stability. The sewing room sounds fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt that you WILL bloom wherever you are planted. The new place sounds like a good one for you, too. Best wishes for all the the move entails.
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley, I am so sorry to hear the trouble you have been having. We experienced similar turmoil when my in laws in their seventies were turfed out of their home more than once. Fortunately we found permanent accommodation for them but it was really stressful.
ReplyDeleteI believe you will be happier in your new place Shirley, it sounds lovely. It is an awful thing the new owners did to you. I truly believe God led you to your new home and God Bless your dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI love the badge. it says it all. Home is where the heart is and all that stuff. Wishing you so much better luck than you have been having of late. One thing is for sure we are never bored!!! From your dear friend Di.
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful is the house, I never did not dwell on this, I live in an apartment, a lot of traffic on the street car people, but I have such a life and not others.
Remember that things in life are not the most important! most important is health, life, love.
I believe that you will be happy, and will be ok! , you come to visit you, hiiiiiihhi! , a lot of health, positive thoughts because I am a single, short, time is running out fast, I'm a mother of three children, 2 adults only themselves, and teenage son, she grew up, raising children, so I worked out life.
Will be ok! ,
Kisses, Wanda
Wishing you much happiness and many blooms in your new home.. I'm so happy the little 'Bloom' button brightened your day, as your sweet comment has brightened mine.. Thank you friend..
ReplyDeleteShirley, I can't believe it! You poor thing! It is the last thing you need, moving again.
ReplyDeleteStill, I belive that something good comes out of something bad, there might be a reason for this, that is, in the end you will be much happier in your next home! That of course doesn't excuse the way you have been treated..
Oh gosh Shirley, what turmoil - but how good it is going to be when you get there. The new unit sounds like just what you really wanted in the beginning - just a shame you had to go through hell to get there. Keep smiling. Cheers, Robin
ReplyDeleteShirley I'm sad to see that you have to move, but I'm sure in the long run it will be all for the best. Your new unit sounds so much nicer and now you won't have to worry at all about mowing etc and paying for it, you will have more time and energy for doing the things you love. It sounds great and it will be nice that you can walk to the shops if you want to. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley, I know this seems awful at the moment, but on the brighter side, I believe in the long run it is possibly for the best. And the lovely little saying came along for you at the right time. The unit/house seems to be very close to the one owned by my SIL. It's a nice area, and being close to the shops it will be great for you. Take care, and know we are all thinking good thoughts for you.
ReplyDeleteYou have such wonderful friends, Shirley! I am so happy that Di is around to cheer you up and just plain be there for you. I wish I was closer to help, too.
ReplyDeleteThere is good in everything bad that happens....sometimes the good doesn't show itself for a bit but eventually it does and then we know why we had to go through another 'bad'. Love and hugs to my dear friend clear around the world....Maria
Shirley so sorry to hear this..series of problems..wish everything will be alright and loads of goods is awaiting for you!! sometimes God tests us..
ReplyDelete