Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 7 March 2011

Studio Journal Class

I am a bit behind with the last two weeks, but loved creating designs with the kaleidoscope programme.  It took me a bit of working out, and at first I played with generating designs from their floral pic, but in the end I managed to load a couple of my own designs and reinvent them.  I used embroideries I had done previously.  They were easy to upload from my SF photos, and then I did manage to get one from my photos on Flicker.

From my Carnival embroidery

From my Et where are you embroidery

Also from ET where are you

This was from a Gimp picture I had put on SF of the Carnival design with "noise"

An embossed design from the kaleidoscope picture

This unusual arrangement came about from one of the samplers I made in the Take a Stitch Tuesday Workshop

This design reminds me of a middle east pattern, and after I generated the design on Kaleidoscope, I then changed the colours in Gimp

I am loving playing with these patterns now to print them out a work on them further in my journal.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see what you do with these!!! I just now saw you have something about Schwalm Work on your Labels! I have to check that out as I am very interested in doing that! I also want to do a German Cross Stitch Sampler...any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having lots of fun, Shirley. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that fantastic, Shirley, what we are doing with our works. I am glad, you were able to work - regardinhg your health....
    Anyway, take care - not too much whirling around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kaleidoscopes are wonderful. Thank you for helping me with the kaleidoscopes and Gimp. Did I just write that?? Another thing on the computer to distract me. :-) But really, you are a wonder with all things Gimp. Di.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley, so glad to see you are home and trying to occupy yourself. Take it easy for a while. I love the Kaleidoscope feature and use it frequently just for fun. I can't see all of your images. I don't know whether it's my computer unable to load everything, or blogger not co-operating!! I'm following your Studio Journal work with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thankfully, the pictures have now appeared. This computer is so slow!! New one on the desk behind me, just hasn't been cranked up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so nice to see you about again, Shirley! I hope all is going well and YOU ARE TAKING IT EASY:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.