Well I know I said in a previous post that I was a bit iffy about the unit, but after seeing what else was on offer in my price range, when I was notified that my application was accepted (even though my son reckons he gave me a bad build up and told the real estate I belted them......liar liar, pants on fire) I decided to take the unit. It is CLEAN!!!
It has so much more to offer than the others. Lots of phone, tv points, power points etc. If the worst comes to the worst surely someone in the family will have a double bed I can swap for my queen. The other places did not have anywhere near as much.
Has only one sink, but can live with that...because the stove is new ...I can keep it that way.
It has so much more to offer than the others. Lots of phone, tv points, power points etc. If the worst comes to the worst surely someone in the family will have a double bed I can swap for my queen. The other places did not have anywhere near as much.
Has only one sink, but can live with that...because the stove is new ...I can keep it that way.
It even has grab rails in the bathroom and toilet and lots of cupboard space in the kitchen, and a linen cupboard in the hall. There are good hooks everywhere that I will be able to hang my pictures on. So all these things are plusses that no where else had. I think I will be happy with it...and am sure I will be able to enhance the gardens that are there....and it is CLEAN!!!!
Honestly I could not believe the state of some places that people will rent...one place looked great from the outside, but when I opened the kitchen drawers and cupboards I knew I would vomit if I had to live with them. It also smelled of old mould, and had no other benefits apart from the aspect from the street and the area. Then another place I only looked in a window and it was typical of what the outside showed so we did not even stay for the viewing.
So here is my new CLEAN!!! home to be which is a palace and so clean compared to anything else I inspected. I am hoping to move in early January providing I can get the removalists then. Haven't got a firm date for them yet.
Oh and there is even a gardener comes in to mow the lawns which is included in the very reasonable and affordable rent.
Does anyone get the idea I am big on cleanliness and hygiene? Wonder how long that lasts when all I have to do is sew, sew sew....not it will I can clean at night when I can't see to sew because I wont have anyone saying they want total silence after 6pm when the news comes on.
Oh and there is even a gardener comes in to mow the lawns which is included in the very reasonable and affordable rent.
Does anyone get the idea I am big on cleanliness and hygiene? Wonder how long that lasts when all I have to do is sew, sew sew....not it will I can clean at night when I can't see to sew because I wont have anyone saying they want total silence after 6pm when the news comes on.
Sorry the photos are out of order.
![]() |
| This is the back garden and the fence divides my unit from the other one on the block which faces the next street. |
![]() |
| Think this will be the most important room in the house ...my sewing /computer room that overlooks the sunroom |
![]() |
| Close up of kitchen |
![]() |
| Inside sunroom |
| Outside the sunroom |




Congrats on your new "clean" home - it looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased that there are lots of positive about this place.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that renters can be allowed to leave a place so unclean. You would think that if this was the case, the owners/agents would have the place cleaned for the new tenants.
Good luck with the move.
Looks ok to me, a nice space to call your own and I am sure the garden will be overflowing soon.
ReplyDeleteThe pics look good,Shirley. Glad you found a place to call your own.
ReplyDeleteLooks just about right Shirley. Hope you will be happy there sewing to your hearts content.
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley, So pleased you have found somewhere you can be happy. We will miss you in our little town though, but hopefully we can catch up now and again.
ReplyDeleteHelen
Great photo's...it has lots of promise doesn't it? and it is CLEAN! Soon it will have all the finishing touches that make it yours...looks like sunshine is headed your way Shirley...happy for you
ReplyDeleteOh Shirley that looks really great and a very nice layout! Now you have the fun of decorating it just the way you want! Are you allowed to paint? I am planning on trying to re-paint my living room before Christmas, not sure I will have the time to do that but I am going to try!
ReplyDeleteHave fun and enjoy the freedom!
Tina xo
Congrats on your new home, Shirley. Your new kitchen looks great, you have more cupboard space in it then I have in mine! It looks very good in the sun (we have snow!). I hope you have many happy hours with needle and thread in your own place.
ReplyDeleteI could picture a very comfy chair in the sunroom, and lots of stitching going on. It looks like a very nice place.
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley.
ReplyDeleteI am really happy that you found a clean place to call your home really soon. :)I am sure once you are moved in , you will be very happy there.
Hugs and all the best to you!
Looks perfect!!! Congrats on finding something so quickly and so CLEAN!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI do envy you that sunroom - and also your independence. You can make this your very own palace. Your nest!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Shirley, in your new home! I know what you mean, the way some people live...
ReplyDeleteIt looks a very nice place, and it will be even better, when you'll make it "yours":))
Hi Shirley, glad to know that you have found your new home. Good luck with 'the moving bit'. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Lesley x
ReplyDeleteA sunroom is going to be a real plus in winter time Shirley. You will be able to sit in a warm sunny place to sew your little heart out. Good luck with the move and your new start. xxx
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley! I think you found a wonderful home just meant for you. It is Divine! Can`t wait to see your garden once have used your special touch there. Congratulations Shirley and God Bless.
ReplyDeleteWow Shirley I have just got back from my holidays to discover your fantastic news-I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI think the start of your new life will be wonderful-it is all up from now my friend.
Hi Shirley, sorry I've been unable to comment for a few days. This place looks lovely. The sunroom looks a dream, many hours of comfy stitching in there I hope. I am sure you will make it a 'home' in no time, and give your magic touch to the garden as well. One good thing about Toowoomba, things grow well there, just the bees' knees for gardening. Good luck, keep us informed of your whereabouts.
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley I am soooooooooooooooooooooo very excited for you. Can you tell?? LOL The place looks fantastic to me. I love the sunroom and your backyard. Neato. LOL The kitchen looks great too. I am very very happy for you and I hope you get to move into it soon. Lots of love. Hugs Judy
ReplyDeletewow, drop out for a couple of weeks and find you moving! wonderful that you fond the right place for you.it's going to work great for you.
ReplyDeletea question though: why do you call it a unit?