I Haven't blogged for a few days, have been a tad busy. The hall cupboards are done, and the kitchen cupboards are all but done....There are some things that don't belong to me so they are staying.....and I am even leaving a couple of things like a casserole dish, and bowls, and utensils that I know will get used...my generosity knows no bounds!!!!
Best of all my sewing area is all but done
Best of all my sewing area is all but done
The rest is in the boxes with what I originally brought with me and have added over the years. Have even begun packing clothes, and there is a green garbage bag gradually filling with my ruthless "throw outs". I will never have to wallow in red dirt so wont need the old yard clothes.
My back has suffered a bit, and had to put the brace back on my knee to support it with the carrying and lifting. It is starting to look like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
The made flurry of activity is because next Wednesday am back to the Gold Coast. My lovely DIL fell on some slime on a path in the park while walking the dogs and broke her knee cap in half, but came home from hospital yesterday. to recover from the op when they tied it all together.
Her family are in England, and son will have to get back to work, so my daughter is going down Monday and Tuesday, and then I will go on Wednesday for a week, and call in at daughter overnight to see their xmas lighting on the house and come back the next morning....whew what a week. Then it will be Xmas and before I know it Jan 7th will be here.
Her family are in England, and son will have to get back to work, so my daughter is going down Monday and Tuesday, and then I will go on Wednesday for a week, and call in at daughter overnight to see their xmas lighting on the house and come back the next morning....whew what a week. Then it will be Xmas and before I know it Jan 7th will be here.
DIL is on crutches, and with all those stairs inside and out she will just not cope. Is still in a lot of pain so hopefully we can get her through the worst of it until the stitches come out.
Meanwhile I am off the the computer club Xmas break-up BBQ today, so here are some photos of boring old boxes and empty cupboards: Tally is over 30 boxes so far and I have run out again. Have a nice weekend everyone.
![]() |
| Boxes In my bedroom |
![]() |
| Boxes beside the hall door |
![]() |
| Boxes In the family room |
![]() |
| Boxes In the lounge |
![]() |
| Boxes Under the desk |
![]() |
| The worse is yet to come |
![]() |
| But at least I have kept my priorities right and made sure the important things are packed. Thread, ribbons, beads, boxes and craft stuff stuff done |
![]() | ||
| Embroidery books...done The worst of it is over. |








It is amazing Shirley how much of our lives will fit into small boxes isn't it.
ReplyDeleteOh Shirley, you are making progress! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your DIL. Hope she gets better soon. Have a safe trip.
Hugs
You've had a busy time, with more to come. I'm sure your daughter will be glad to see you! Safe travels.Take care.
ReplyDeleteIt all takes time but having to look after your DIL will mean I hope that the back and knee will have a break. Not much fun packing,and then unpacking!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about DIL's knee. Tell us, just how many of those boxes are full of craft and books???
ReplyDeleteUprooting is hard, good luck Shirley.
ReplyDeleteThere's a giveaway on my blog and I hope that you'll take part and spread the word. Lesley x
I am with you, Shirley, assisting you in thoughts, although not writing e-mails too often.
ReplyDeleteWe had guest tonight, friends who are also packing....and throwing out things. How awful. But they say they feel alright and even lighter.
Sorting & packing...hard work...decision making is also taxing...perhaps going to help out will give you some rest physically...should help with your spirits too...always does for me...will be sending you positive energy...hoping the dil is doing better real soon...
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley,
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are exhausted after all that packing. But you have done good. Now the best part is to come. You new "Home"!! When do you think you will make the big move??? Good vibes heading your way across the big pond. Hugs Judy
At one time I was a gypsie but once I had children we haven't moved. My husband has worked all around the world but I have stayed put. We are going to sell our big house (7 bedrooms) in the city and move out onto an island in Moreton Bay. I am watching you getting ready to move with awe. So organised and hardly any clutter. I have nearly 27 years to sort through when I move. Have a Merry Xmas.
ReplyDeleteI have not had the chance to read your blog before and there is so much to see and even more to read. I do hope things are not too stressful for you - your new home looks lovely.
ReplyDeletePacking boxes mean progress. I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete