Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 15 November 2010

Week 36 and 37 Turkman Stitch and Kiko's Flower Stitch

I have realised I have not posted my recent Tast stitches so thought I had better catch up. I enjoyed working the Turkman Stitch in week 36, and used it in two different ways...to couch the edge of a piece of lace, and for the body of a butterfly.  I don't have and "Orts" jar, but the wings show how I have used my bits of threads, fused under organdie.

Kiko's Flower is a lovely stitch, which I have no doubt will come in handy for lots of different things.  These stitches and more  can be found on Sharon B's Pintangle. 
Thank you Sharon for these lovely stitches.


4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have come across your blog this evening, I have really enjoyed reading it ~ your work is lovely and the photograghs beautiful!
    Best wishes,
    barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job on these two stitches Shirley. Love that Kiko's flower, must have a go at it. Is this all on the one page? It is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy visiting here Shirley - but I struggle with the system to get a comment to you!
    Today I loved reading about the party and seeing the gardens and your gorgeous Tast catch up pics. Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely embroidery, Shirley:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.