I received this beautiful piece of art on a card from Suztats a few days ago, and sorry Suz I have been so slack but i just got caught up with the packing stuff.
Inside the card was a nice surprise in the form of 2 pieces in the form of motifs of her beautiful tatting.
I would describe the gorgeous colour of the variegated thread in tones of a deep reddish brownish burgundy moving into a deep gold . The other piece was white, and both will appear on some of my embroidery...perhaps in the meantime you might see some of her beautiful work here
Unfortunately I have been packing up my cupboard of "stuff" and have inadvertently packed the little box of tatting pieces. So I am sorry I can't post a picture of the tatting pieces.
But a very big thank you to Suz. I just love the freedom in this watercolour. I feel as though I am looking out a window into a garden. and will really treasure this.

The watercolor is really pretty. What a sweet friend you have!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you like it, Shirley! Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful for the surprise! Once you get situated, let us hear from you on this again!!
ReplyDelete