Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Saturday, 13 November 2010

Birthday Party

My trip to the coast was to celebrate my eldest son's 40th birthday.with his wife, sister and family, and friends.  The venue chosen was a Greek Restaurant, which served the most wonderful food in the form of a banquet, which meant  continuous small platters being placed along the table for each course....
First came the appetisers, dips with yummy bread. This was followed by white anchovies, in some sort of clear sauce which tasted wonderful.  I forget the order the food came after that, but over the  the night our taste buds were tempted by delicacies such as grilled calamari, pork belly, tiger prawns, greek salad, whole snapper, and slow baked  lamb.  I am sure there were a couple of other things there, but I forget what they were.   Desserts were Baklava, a set type of custard, and cake

All this was cooked to perfection and everything was delicious.  By the end of the night Flo and I were wishing we had not eaten so much of the bread and dip in the beginning.

That day was also son-in-law's birthday, so it was really a double celebration.

Birthday boy and his wife
Friends from long ago
 Daughter Tracey and the other Birthday Boy Peter

Flo and Shirley
Nephew and Niece
Flo with son and friend

Is This the oldest "Couger" in the World
The young man in the photo above, is a workmate of my son.  I met him at the wedding last year, and he is such a fun person.  His girlfriend was unable to attend, so I got to sit next to him.  I was going to share him with Flo, and let him sit between us, but I was mean and kept him to myself.

Cant believe how my hair turned out in the photos..what a shock when I saw the photos. I have been growing it because there is not a decent hairdresser in this town.  When I left for the dinner it looked really nice all flipped back...but just after arriving at the restaurant, which was full, warm and muggy, inside, I had a few hot flushes, and  should have known my hair would flop and flop it did...should also have known to check my hair before the photos were taken.....the worst part of all is that I was sober...normally I only look like this after a few wines.

A little now about Flo.  She lives in the UK  and was on a visit to her family here. She was the most delightful lady....I was amazed at her.....in her 80's and fearless about flying half way round the world...a real inspiration....and so much fun.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a bunch of good looking people! I think you look lovely - don't worry about the hair. Your dinner sounds really yummy - I love greek food and can't find it anywhere close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful celebration Shirley and some lovely photos to look at too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greek food sounds really yummy. Love Greek. Great photos and I love the one of you and the young man. He doesn't look scared!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome lot you all are. Sounds like you all had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.