It was my eldest son's birthday yesterday...he turned 40 and I FORGOT IT! With all this damn kaffuffel of looking for accommodation I spent so much time with that it completely slipped my mind to phone him. Then I had more boxes to pack.
I had a little zuzz in front of the TV after dinner, and then I was wide awake. He even phoned me while I was eating, and never said anything, and I didn't twig then. But about 9pm it just popped into my head but the answer machine was on, so rang his work mobile which I know is always on, and he did answer that.
I felt so bad...the first time ever I have forgotten one of their birthdays in fact I know everyone's birthdays. Don't ask me how old any of them are..because there are so many now, and half the time I can't remember the kid's names let alone how old they are....but I know the birthdays.
So sorry..he was so gracious but then he loves me. ..and I did do a cake and pressies the weekend they were here and I am seeing him Thursday...tomorrow so can make it up to him and iron him some shirts.
Spoke to daughter afterwards and she said they thought it was strange...I think they thought I had the beginnings of dementia or something....no it was just what that "other people" have put on my plate....

This is such a lovely photo of your no 1. boy. Enjoy your time away and have fun with him, DIL and their 2 'children'.
ReplyDeleteYes...our kids..."love the momma"
ReplyDeleteMomma's are human too...
Enjoy yourselves......