Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Look who is Back

Each year we have the King Parrots come to visit, and get a free feed.

These two males arrived last week, and we have been amazed at how tame they are. They are not the least bit afraid of us, and will happily sit on the backs of the chairs  and in this case the table, waiting for a feed.

They were not even perturbed by the presence of Chloe and Beau, who love birds, and think they are something to play with.  The provided us with much amusement, and I think the birds were actually teasing the dogs...and it wasn't the dogs trying to chase them away, but the reverse.   It was so funny seeing Chloe jumping on her hind legs to get a better look at them in the tree.   I think the red colour was the attraction.

3 comments:

  1. We have these too - and yes, they are so tame. And if there is no food out for them, they loudly nag until you bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful photo Shirley. They are so pretty. We have spotted them here on the odd occasion, but must admit, lately we don't seem to have the time to bird watch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.