I have this posted elsewhere on my blog, but thought I would add it into this list of Cretan Stitches as well
I guess know would know that I have used this stitch a lot and like it would they .....there's more below
I liked the way this turned out I was still a "learner" at bullions then.
I cant remember the name of the silk "thread" I used it is flat and hollow. The roses are made from a piece of shot taffeta, which I scrunched and curled and then burned the edges with a candle.
This is just a small sample mixed with fly stitch and knots.
Now this is my very favourite flower of all my favourites....It is also part of the larger sampler of stitches made into a garden scene.
 |
| Cretan Star |
 |
| Cretan circle |
 |
| Creton Stitch used as couching |
 |
| Cretan stitched mixed with Roumanian stitch |
 |
| Decorated Cretan stitch seam |
Shirley, your examples are so wonderful and so instructive and beautiful. I am amazed and happy to see your blog.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitches! You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley, I absolutely LOVE your favorite flower. You have such a great imagination with stitches. I am afraid to do this stitch but after looking at all things you did with it maybe I will give it a go. Very inspirational indeed. Hugs Judy
ReplyDeletebeautiful stitching Shirley..loved the cretan circle much..
ReplyDeleteI used to use cretan stitch a lot at one time but I've not used it recently. It's a lovely stitch and you have some fine examples.
ReplyDeleteThe more I see what you can do, the more I think I need to send you this book I have...
ReplyDeleteYou are a wonderful and very advanced stitcher! I am blown away by what all you can do! Such detail!!!!!
Beautiful samples, Shirley!
ReplyDeleteLove all of these samples Shirley, and in particular the mauve circle flower, it's just beautiful. You've really embraced this stitch, I can sit it in your sampling. You do have a freedom of expression that I can only hanker after. Well done with this one.
ReplyDeleteAll your cretan samples are great, Shirley. I love the star as I can see it in some art type projects. Well done.
ReplyDelete