Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 2 August 2010

Is Spring Coming

After our dull cold days the sun came out, and we had the loveliest warm sunny days. It felt like winter was over. The flowers were popping on the nectarine, and also the pinky red flowers on this other tree. Unfortunately we have never seen any fruit on it so don't know what it is.

We have 2 custard apple trees which have never fruited. A few days ago found a very small ripe fruit under the top tree, which turned out to be nice and sweet. At the time we had a good look round the second tree but could see no fruit. Then yesterday I discovered this on the ground. The tree might be able to hide its fruit from humans, but not so the birds or perhaps a possum. There were bits of skin there as well which was left after whoever ate the flesh.
Then this morning, although the sun came out, we woke to a cold westerly "lazy" wind, and the temperature has not gone over 12 deg. so our false Spring did not last long.
This lovely moss grows on a lot of our trees. I found the bard on this nectarine trunk quite interesting with its lovely shades of grey.


1 comment:

  1. I feel very happy to see the flowers and the animals picture you have posted. you are really gifted to live in such a place. All the pictures in the title "In my garden" are soo nice. The waterfalls painting is looking so natural. I love painting but Iam not professionally trained.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.