Yesterday I decided to bit the bullet and deal with our lemon tree. For the last 2 years the lemons have all been brown inside. I did not know whether to blame the fruit fly or a sheild shaped green bug I found on it. Probably both of them feasting on my lemons.
The tree flowers and fruits prolifically all year round so it was a shame to lose all those lemons. i finally convinced DH to get out the chain saw....knew this called for drastic measures. I am sure i have seen this done somewhere. ..So! Off with its head! This is the result.
The tree flowers and fruits prolifically all year round so it was a shame to lose all those lemons. i finally convinced DH to get out the chain saw....knew this called for drastic measures. I am sure i have seen this done somewhere. ..So! Off with its head! This is the result.
I forgot to take a picture of the tree before surgery but here are the branches beside the incinerator while we wait for them to be dry enough to burn, and the diseased lemons which I cut off and put straight into the incinerator....which is pretty classy in itself. It was here when we moved in...but up in the rainforest.....so we bought it down to the clearing. We think it comes off some big mine machinery. It is thick heavy metal and is just perfect for the job it now has.

Lemon Tree not so pretty eh? Oh well, hope it grows back nice and strong for you Shirl. Ours didn't grow back very well, so it has now been disposed of. Our lemonade tree was full of fruit one day and turned up it's toes the next day. Not having too much luck with our citrus??!@@@
ReplyDeleteOh dear- seems like this tree was well and truly ready to go!
ReplyDeleteI hate chopping out trees, but they all have a finite life eh?
Hi, Its very sad to cut a tree that too, with fruits but at times we have to do this. Here often the plants and trees are affected by a white color bug which sticks to the plants. Only way to prevent is to cut the part, affected by the bug.Last year we have cut down many plants in my mother's home because of this. Don't forget to post when the tree grows.
ReplyDelete