Discovered this beauty hiding behind the big crows nest fern among some bromelaid plants this morning. The
colours in this are stunning. I love bromelaids, they are so easy to care for and produce such
a wonderful array of shape and colour in the flowers. Even the leaves are beautiful particularly when the sun is shining on them in the early morning.
I had noticed two of the plants flowering nearby a couple of days ago, but had missed this one.
colours in this are stunning. I love bromelaids, they are so easy to care for and produce such
a wonderful array of shape and colour in the flowers. Even the leaves are beautiful particularly when the sun is shining on them in the early morning.I had noticed two of the plants flowering nearby a couple of days ago, but had missed this one.

There are some rather plain leaf little plants, which produce a row of bright pink flowers tipped with purple which are lovely.
Bromelaids only ask for shade and a dash of water and they are happy. If they get fertilized it is only because of the mulch which falls from the tree they are under.
Bromelaids only ask for shade and a dash of water and they are happy. If they get fertilized it is only because of the mulch which falls from the tree they are under.
Not so my poor little petunias...they are in the front of the bromelaid garden where the sunshine is later in the day....together with the rhubarb plant and I am hoping that as spring gets closer they thrive a little more and produce lots of flowers....that is if the rabbits which are multiplying all over the place dont get them first.

Lovely plants Shirley.We've had lovely rain, but first the locusts, now the rabbits!!Geez!!You can't "win" eh?
ReplyDeleteLove broms too but have to keep them under cover or the frosts knock them around.
ReplyDeleteHavent done my cupped whatevers yet but thanks for the suggestion must get to and do it.
Wow these are just so beautiful Shirley....great photos x
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers! I am learning to garden with "deer resistant" plants. It is a new thing for me. It is a challenge, but I am enjoying it.
ReplyDeletepink purple flower is soo beautiful.
ReplyDeletelovely flowers, beautiful colours!!!
ReplyDelete