I just couldn't resist putting up these pictures to share. We had a wonderful surprise this afternoon. Our internet server went out all over the country this morning and it has lasted all day. Missed having it so much. So was relaxing this afternoon watching a movie when DH called out to come quickly.
Ohhh it was lovely. Mum wallaby had let her baby out near our back door where we have water and feed for them. So here are the photos I took. The baby is just too cute. Would love
to be able to cuddle it, but know mum would not allow that, and besides from
what we see of their scratching they could be full of fleas. But they are still
cute.
The photo at left is of mum with the babe in the pouch a couple of days ago. As you can see the pouch is hanging really low.
After seeing the baby out of the pouch it is hard to imagine how it fits into the pouch. We often saw the baby twist its head round and begin licking the mothers paws.
to be able to cuddle it, but know mum would not allow that, and besides fromwhat we see of their scratching they could be full of fleas. But they are still
cute.
The photo at left is of mum with the babe in the pouch a couple of days ago. As you can see the pouch is hanging really low.
After seeing the baby out of the pouch it is hard to imagine how it fits into the pouch. We often saw the baby twist its head round and begin licking the mothers paws.


Here are Mum and baby sharing some water and food. Mum does keep a wary eye open though. There were a couple of magpies around them and mum kept a watch over baby at all times.
Then baby decided it wanted a drink from mum so stuck its head back into the pouch for a drink of milk....and then oops in it went back to bed.
The other day saw the baby out down in the paddock near the house, but too far away to take good pics. All of a sudden baby took off across the paddock, with mum hard at its heels. I reckon it got the rounds of the kitchen when mum caught up. It was just so funny to watch the little imp running away from mum.
Think we can now look forward to seeing more them now. Later tonight there were 3 mothers out there, with two out of the pouch, but it was too dark to get photos, so we have a real nursery happening at our place.
Think we can now look forward to seeing more them now. Later tonight there were 3 mothers out there, with two out of the pouch, but it was too dark to get photos, so we have a real nursery happening at our place.
Love thosw wallabies.
ReplyDeleteAbout fabric books, I suppose you could google but I generally just back my pages with a light batting or if you want something stiffer an interfacing. then bind two together, I like to buttonhole but you could use the machine. There are various ways of binding, the simplest is just to use eyelets but if you want one that is more complicated, join two pages together with fabric so you have a signature and make a cover and sew your signatures to the cover, this takes more time and thought but probably makes a better book in the long run.
Does this make sense?
Thanks for sharing these photos Shirley - they are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you have used Up and Down Feather Stitch in your reef. I'm working on this stitch just now,
I have lost posting contact with my old blog and blogs I followed since we recently changed our www server.
I don't seem to be able to follow you from my new blog - I'll keep trying, and bookmark you in the meantime. I hope you can pick up my new blog from this ....
Best wishes, Connie.
Lovely pics Shirley, it's nice to have them so close to your house.
ReplyDeleteHow great that you can capture them with your camera Shirl. It is amazing how they can fit in that pouch.
ReplyDelete