Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 18 June 2010

Week 10 Cloud Filling

Was checking through my blog and realised I had not put up the photo for week 10 for the cloud filling stitch so to keep it all in order here it is.

I loved this stitch because it gives the effect of smocking, and combined with the buttonhole eyelet flower would make a pretty decoration on a little girls dress.

5 comments:

  1. Shirl, you are a master with the needle. This is truly the best sample of this cloud filling stitch I have seen all around the blogs and on SF. I just love how you have put the button hole flowers on as well. Once again, Masterful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible talent you have with the needle !
    My grandma was an avid embroiderer, thank goodness I have some of her pieces in my care...
    Lovely blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Shirley! I'm including your photo in my TAST Notebook for an inspirational reference if I may. What stitch did you use to border the heart? Terrific idea to add the Buttonhole Bullion flowers-a really stunning piece!! Wouldn't it make a sweet pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely messages Shirley....and this is just so stunning...thanks for the comment on my Tome xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.