Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 28 May 2010

Blackwork squares 16, 17, 18 ,19, 20

Time to add some more of the Blackwork Designs on the chesspiece.

The first square is just a zig zag over two threads with an extra element between two of the lines to create a darker look.









This is a nece pattern worked over 4 threads in back stitch and cross stitch. A large area is required to show it to its full advantage.







If this pattern is worked in back stitch, a series of straight lines is formed on the wrong side of the fabric. For a reversible effect, use double running stitch.








For this star design pattern, work from the centre of star radiating outwards. The mail straight stitch is over 3 threads, and the 2 centre diagonally stitches over 2 threads with one thread in between.







This pattern also works well in two colors. The basic shape is worked completely in back or double running stitch over 2 threads. The centre eye stitch is worked over 2 and 4 threads. This is another lovely pattern that needs a rather large area to be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hello My Friend,

    First would you please come to Michigan and teach me how to stitch. VBG I love these two creations. I have always wanted to paint a background and have always been to scare to try it. Yours is truly beautiful.

    Second your blackwork is very pretty. I have never done this before either.

    I am sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to hear you have a "New Friend" Black Monster" Hopefully your knee will heal quickly. Isn't it a pain in the butt getting a wee bit older. LOL Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.