Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 22 April 2010

Week 8 Fancy Hem Stitch

This is my Fancy Hem stitch. It is worked with Perle No. 8 thread on lugana fabric with 2 styles of beads.

This week is a busy one for me with visitors coming at the weekend so have not had the time to explore this stitch further. I can however, see lots of uses for it. The stitch reminds me of perhaps an imitation smocking effect.

6 comments:

  1. What a loevely pattern you worked with this stitch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very neat Shirley. It looks nice done in a band like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, it really looks like smocking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the smocking shirley....very pretty stitching.....enjoy your vistors at the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shirley, Good Day, Wow, you have really been stitching allot. Love all those glorious stitched pillows. They are fantastic, I also love that Schwalm Table Cloth. that is truly beautiful. Have your visitors arrived and left yet. I look forward to hearing about their visit. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.