This is the tablecloth I made for my daughter. The fabric is a wool blend evenweave. There is a story to the fabic. While looking after my mother while she was recuperating from an operation a friend of hers told me there was a fabric sale on in town. Unable to leave my mother, asked her to keep a look out for evenweave linen for me. This fabric was what she arrived with. I did not have the heart to tell her it wasn't what I wanted but thought since it was a perfect evenweave I could use it....particularly the whole 3 metres cost me I think round $12 when I knew the good linens were at that time round $80 a metre.
This is the traditional schwalm design which i have worked in the corners of the central piece of the table cloth. I have surrounded this rectangle with 4 sided stitch, and hemstitched the outer hem, pictured below. Withdrew threads round the hemline to create a lacier effect.
So much work in this one Shirley. Very nice too.
ReplyDelete