Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Busy Day With the Monster

After a busy weekend, I spent most of the day catching up on housework. Had managed to get a couple of loads of washing on yesterday, and today another couple...how did I use so many tea towels in such a short time?

Later I decided to see if I could figure out how to work the new monster in the house...the set top box. Thought I had recorded a programme last night but no such luck. We still have a video recorder on that TV and now it is linked in with the STB it takes 3 robots to work it instead of 2. This all took longer than doing 3 loads of washing, clean the fridge, fold the washing, and various other chores throughout the day. To say nothing of my time on the computer....well I guess I am exaggerating a teeny weeny bit.

Thought I would be smart and show the family I could use it, but am not so sure. The directions in the booklet concentrated more on setting it up, and I only had a diagram of the robot with the names of the buttons to go by. Think I have part of it sorted, but time will tell.

DH wants no part of all this modern technology so he is no help. He has a laptop which he can turn on, and all he uses it for is to play games, and look at the weather.

Before my last trip away, I did show him how to turn on the modem and router should he need to do his updates which he now knows how to do.....just click the darn icon!

He still uses the original robots for the TV in the family room and lounge room, before they had videos and recorders added to them...I use the others, so there we sit, two old fogies each with our own robots...headphones on because of hearing loss...watching our programmes in turn....although I get to watch more of mine, because he does not like many of the programmes on anyway.

Well I am off to see if the programme I tried to record on the monster worked.

Thank goodness my earache is beginning to lessen, although the ear still feels blocked.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your ear is improving - all the better to hear DH with? We have a STB but it is not set up at the moment. Think I will have to invest in some headphones though as my DH goes off to bed at 7.30 and the TV is right outside our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.