Made this little bag months ago, and all it needed was the cord, so while I was on a roll finished the cords as well. Needless to say the vacuuming will be done some time tomorrow before iron and pack. I love my little bags. I used cork linen, and stranded thread for the embroidery. The front and back are joined with italian insertion stitch which I just love. I also made the loops for the cord with buttonhole stitch, using perle thread.
This blog space is a record of what I have made and through this hopefully I can make new friends. My underwater scenes, using a variety of threads and found items are my favourite outlet for my creativity. Techniques such as Silk Ribbon, Brazilian, Casalguidi, Blackwork, Mountmellick, and Schwalm have also captured my imagination. I am also an artist, using acrylics and oils to capture the Australian landscape and Still Life.
Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm
Wednesday, 17 March 2010
Crewel work
Made this little bag months ago, and all it needed was the cord, so while I was on a roll finished the cords as well. Needless to say the vacuuming will be done some time tomorrow before iron and pack. I love my little bags. I used cork linen, and stranded thread for the embroidery. The front and back are joined with italian insertion stitch which I just love. I also made the loops for the cord with buttonhole stitch, using perle thread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This would make a lovely gift for someone....wonderful.
ReplyDelete