Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Sunday, 7 February 2010

New profile photo

Hi friends,

Well this just shows what being 72years old means. I tried to "follow" a blog, and ended up "following" myself...now I dont know how to get rid of me as my own follower...oops!

Have also tried to put a real photo of me on my blog instead of the view from my kitchen window. Even though I have had a computer for a good while, I have always been terrified of the thing. Love the technology, but hate the fact that there are people out there who take delight in "upsetting the applecart"

Thought I should try to be a bit anonymous to begin with, but after looking at all these lovely blogs, realised I should take the plunge. This photo was taken at Coolum when my daughter Tracey was home on holidays from the U.S, a bit over 2 years ago. The recent ones of me a so dreadful i just want to hide them.

Talking of other blogs, aren't there just some wonderful sites to see. One gets the impression from reading them, that the people who write the blogs are lovely, kind generous people as well

If I can be half as generous with my ideas, I will be happy. I do get a lot of pleasure from sharing what I do know, even though that is so limited compared to all the people out there. I dont seem to be able to follow designs and patterns strictly and usually end up going off on my own tangent, which is probably obvious from some of the stuff I have done in he past. Nothing is as it was supposed to be when I started.
At my age, time is against me though, but at least starting this blog, and being able to see so much beautiful and clever work has inspired me to get going again after a time in the doldrums.

2 comments:

  1. You are so good for your age ol girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta friend, thought I had better use a complimentary one and not one with this awful haircut and no makeup. Wish i could find a really really good hairdresser, or wish the one I know is top notch would move to here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.