All these wonderful sites have stirred up my enthusiasm for embroidery so I have begun a new underwater reef. This time it is small, about 26cm x 14cm. I am working on a piece of pure silk from a crazy dyeing day my friend Jann and I had once.
I did take photos of the beginnings of this, but put them onto the computer that wont stay connected to the internet...life is full of these annoying thigs.....so will have to go to the left side of my brain and when I work out a way around it will put up the first stages. Think I will print and then photograph the prints....where is that IT savvy son of mine when I need him.
To describe what I have done so far, I found a piece of dark green velvet, drew the area I wanted to work, and then embroidered some stitches...then I cut out the piece and gathered, and scrunched and slipstitched it onto the background. Before I finished I filled inside the velvet with wool fleece, and then finished stitching it to the silk.
From there I began to add various stitches.....but AGAIN ran out of the ribbon for the background grasses. So that is on hold. Will be going to town next week, so will make sure I do get enough to carry on.
While I was at the markets on Saturday, met a friend and noticed she was wearing a necklace with the most gorgeous mermaid that would just "Go" and I know you would like one too Hazel.
So I have asked her if her friend still makes them, or at least if there is an outlet for them.
Woke so early this morning with the most awful cramps in my legs and have been awake ever since. Must be time for a coffee.
It is raining again so I dont have to mow!
I did take photos of the beginnings of this, but put them onto the computer that wont stay connected to the internet...life is full of these annoying thigs.....so will have to go to the left side of my brain and when I work out a way around it will put up the first stages. Think I will print and then photograph the prints....where is that IT savvy son of mine when I need him.
To describe what I have done so far, I found a piece of dark green velvet, drew the area I wanted to work, and then embroidered some stitches...then I cut out the piece and gathered, and scrunched and slipstitched it onto the background. Before I finished I filled inside the velvet with wool fleece, and then finished stitching it to the silk.
From there I began to add various stitches.....but AGAIN ran out of the ribbon for the background grasses. So that is on hold. Will be going to town next week, so will make sure I do get enough to carry on.
While I was at the markets on Saturday, met a friend and noticed she was wearing a necklace with the most gorgeous mermaid that would just "Go" and I know you would like one too Hazel.
So I have asked her if her friend still makes them, or at least if there is an outlet for them.
Woke so early this morning with the most awful cramps in my legs and have been awake ever since. Must be time for a coffee.
It is raining again so I dont have to mow!
Its wonderful to see a new coral evolve Shirly....i really want to try and do one....will send you another email...hugs Jennie x
ReplyDeleteIts wonderful to see a new reef evolve Shirley...i would really love to start one...so might send you an email...hugs Jennie
ReplyDelete