Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 19 February 2010

my favourite garden hat

Does anyone else have a hat like this. Old and ragged but difficult to part with. It began life as a nice fine panama many years ago and graduated to an "outside in the garden hat" as it faded.

One of the reasons I can't part with it is because I can jam it on my head and it doesn't often come off in the wind, and also gives me good protection from the hot sun.

We have red soil as well, so that has left its mark. When holes developed I just glued some calico on the inside and it has made it stronger than ever. Everyone laughs at "mums hat" but so what. It is hard to part with an old friend.

This is me clipping the shrubs with my "old friend " on. It wasn't as battered then. The reason for the long gloves is when this city girl first came to the country and discovered all the "bities" and creepy crawlies the self preservation genes went out of control. The big heavy ankle boots and socks are not visible but they were there also.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea wearing the big gloves and ankle boots. You never know whats lurking in those bushes. Haven't got a good hat like yours but sure would like one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.