Once I knew about crazy patchwork, I soon became quite addicted to it, and embroidery in general which will become obvious. These are pieces I made to fit into the lids of small jewellery boxes my husband made for me.
I like the jewel colours, but decided to try the black and cream and was really pleased with the way it turned out. Between us we have made many of these little jewellery boxes. Firstly I recessed the embroidery on the top of the lids, but then felt they would be better if the recesses were under the lids. That way it would prevent the problem of dust.
Each of our daughters and grandaughters has received one of these boxes, all with a different design of embroidery. I found that the silk ribbon embroidery looked the nicest. Have only one box left for the last grandaughter.
Have some photos of the boxes which I will find and post.
Shirley, These are lovely. What a great job you do crazy quilting. Maureen
ReplyDeleteThank you Maureen, I do enjoy the crazy quilting.
ReplyDelete