Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Tast Week 3 Beaded Hedebo Stitch

My early efforts at this stitch did not work out very well. I was trying out the rows on the same piece I worked the palm tree. By lunchtime I realised that the colours I was using did not work with what was already there, so pulled it all out.

Then I thought of keeping the circular theme going on the piece of fabric to tie in with the palm tree, and this is what I came up with. Used the same type of thread I had for the knotted loop stitch, since the stitch is a bold one and needs the heavier threads, but unfortunately I did not have many beads with large enough holes.

Foraged round in the bead shelf, and found these wooden ones, which I thought I would cover with the thread, but could only get the needle through 4 times so now they have the appearance of cogs.



Tried a line of the stitch in a heavy perle, and thought I would continue round the corner and make a frame and this is what happened. Again I used the same wooden beads.




So here is my picture of the 3 efforts together






8 comments:

  1. it is amazing that this stitch can be incorporated in so many ways.......you are truly my inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know i like these Shirley.....you have a great talent x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much hugs, shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your samples Shirley-I am just about to do mine and if they turn out half as good as yours I will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Doreen I am sure yours will be great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your samples! I'm so rigid, I never would have thought of using hedeboro as a floral motif but I think it works here in a very whimsical way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, I love what you've done with this stitch, but mostly the little flower at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.